- About the Department
- Course Information
- Mathematics Education
- Teacher Certification
Teacher Certification - Professional Courses
Students need to have coursework in the following areas:
- Human development and learning during the middle school and high school years, usually EPS 406.
- Techniques of assessment, usually ETR 422 or ETR 440.
- Integration of the Exceptional Student into the regular classroom, usually SESE 457 (formerly TLSE 457).
- Philosophical or historical foundations of education, usually EPFE 400.
- Sequential clinical experiences at both the middle school and the high school levels and seminars focusing on topics with which pre-service mathematics teachers must be familiar, usually ILAS 201, ILAS 301 and MATH 401.
- Student teaching in mathematics at either a middle school or high school, MATH 413.
Applications for ILAS 201 and ILAS 301 can be downloaded by clicking on the Applications link on the left.