- About the Department
- Course Information
- Mathematics Education
- Educator Licensure
Educator Licensure - Professional Courses
Students need to have coursework in the following areas:
- Human development and learning during the middle school and high school years, usually EPS 406.
- Techniques of assessment, usually ETRA 422 or ETR 440.
- Integration of the Exceptional Student into the regular classroom, usually SESE 457 (formerly TLSE 457).
- Methods and Materials for Teaching English Language Learners, usually LTIC 420
- Sequential clinical experiences at the high school levels and seminars focusing on topics with which pre-service mathematics teachers must be familiar, usually ILAS 201, ILAS 301 and MATH 401.
- Student teaching in mathematics at a high school, MATH 413.
Applications for ILAS 201 and ILAS 301 can be downloaded by clicking on the Applications link on the left.