Note that some of the principal questions about partitions can be answered
with Bell numbers and Stirling numbers; these are discussed in 11B among
other Sets and Sequences. More general set-partitioning problems are treated in Combinatorics.
- 11P05: Waring's problem and variants
- 11P21: Lattice points in specified regions
- 11P32: Goldbach-type theorems; other additive questions involving primes
- 11P55: Applications of the Hardy-Littlewood method, See also 11D85
- 11P70: Inverse problems of additive number theory [new in 2000]
- 11P81: Elementary theory of partitions, See also 05A17
- 11P82: Analytic theory of partitions
- 11P83: Partitions; congruences and congruential restrictions
- 11P99: None of the above but in this section
Parent field: 11: Number Theory
Browse all (old) classifications for this area at the AMS.
Nathanson, Melvyn B.: "Additive number theory; The classical bases", Graduate Texts in Mathematics, 164. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1996. 342 pp. ISBN 0-387-94656-X
Number-theoretic properties of partitions are included in the extensive
book by Andrews, George E.: "The theory of partitions", Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications, Vol. 2, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Amsterdam, 1976. 255 pp.
See also the references for number theory in general.
You can reach this page through http://www.math-atlas.org/welcome.html
Last modified 2000/01/14 by Dave Rusin. Mail: