Astronomy and astrophysics: as celestial mechanics
is, mathematically, part of Mechanics of Particles (!), the principal
applications in this area appear to be concerning the structure, evolution,
and interaction of stars and galaxies.
For celestial mechanics, See 70F15.
There is only one division (85A) but it is subdivided:
- 85A04: General
- 85A05: Galactic and stellar dynamics
- 85A15: Galactic and stellar structure
- 85A20: Planetary and stellar atmospheres
- 85A25: Radiative transfer
- 85A30: Hydrodynamic and hydromagnetic problems, See also 76Y05
- 85A35: Statistical astronomy
- 85A40: Cosmology, For relativistic cosmology, See 83F05
- 85A99: Miscellaneous topics
This is one of the smallest areas in the Math Reviews database.
Browse all (old) classifications for this area at the AMS.
Astronomy and Astrophysics packages from the
Computer Physics Communications program library.
- Solution of the astronomical Emden or Lane-Emden differential equation
You can reach this page through http://www.math-atlas.org/welcome.html
Last modified 2000/01/14 by Dave Rusin. Mail: