Dave Rusin's non-work-related stuff
I really can't justify keeping this stuff on
my professional web page
but just in case this is useful to somebody, we'll let Google find it!
- Home pages of my children Victoria and Nicholas.
- If it was only the family name that caught your
attention, you may be interested in my Royal Position,
or this picture of Anita
Rusin - Miss Podbeskidzia 1998!
- There are apparently several thousands Rusins in the USA, with large numbers also in central and eastern Europe. (Many of them seem to be doctors, or artists.)
Many of them seem to be named David.
I have no idea who these David Rusin's are, but they're
I am definitely not "firstname.lastname@example.org", a David Rusin from the Detroit
area who was apparently unable to get a date for a long time at the
end of 1999...
- David J. Rusin, U. Penn. astrophysics, now writing about disarmament etc.
- David G. Rusin, President & CEO, American Fiber Systems
- F. David Rusin, Buffalo, NY, USA attorney
- Dave Rusin, Ocean, NJ, USA Circular Strength Training instructor
- David Rusin, email@example.com (NY, USA)
- David J Rusin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David R. Rusin, email@example.com (Ont., Can.)
- David Rusin, firstname.lastname@example.org (Rochester, NY)
- This site is not related in any way to
- www.infosnow.ne.jp/rusin/index/ (Rumoi Shinkin Bank),
- http://www.rusin.fi (Finnish Institute for Russian and East European Studies),
- http://www.ruralnet.org.uk/~rusin/ (The Rural Stress Information Network),
- RuSin Inc. ("The best partner of biotechnology industry"),
- Rusin Medical Devices LLC (makers of the SafeTouch Breast Lump Relocation Device).
- Evidently rusin.com and rusin.org are taken but not answering the phone,
and http://www.rusin.net/ is still to
be "eine neue Internetpraesenz".
- http://www.rusin.pl/ is a spa company
- http://www.rusin.de/ is a Mr Miroslaw Rusin
- http://www.rusin.info/ is a Mr Adam Rusin
- rusin.us seems to be occupied by a squatter.
- (.biz, .it, .be, .jp, .co. uk, .cc, .ws and others are open as I write this.)
- djr.org (whatever that is!)
- djr.net ("The changing needs of the Consumer has allowed DJR to become a strong Customer oriented and market driven company"!)
- djr.com (David Jonathan Ross), although he's got a great picture of DaVinci's (sort of) Last Supper.
- See also http://www.djr.co.uk/; but .biz, .info seem to be squattered; maybe .it and .be too? http://www.djr.us is "under construction".
- I have some genealogical information about family members going back
a couple of generations. Family names include Rusin, Wozniak, Zemojtel, Szkop.
You'll have to contact me personally for more information; I don't want to
place a clickable path to living relatives here without their consent.
If your last name is Rusin I will happily give you space here to record
your family connections too --- maybe we're related? (How rich are you?...)
- I am a great fan of writing with wit and panache and just wish I could
do it myself. (As they say, "Some people have a way with words, others not
have way.") Excellent examples can be found in some choice
quotes, and I have other fine examples stored at
home -- mostly taken from the internet, so there's no point my making
them available. But also interesting are some samples from
Thurber and E.B. White and
Nash (Ogden, not the mathematician John) which
I found at home printed on bits of dead tree. I've written a lot too,
mostly on the Internet, and it's largely dull and dreary. I advise you
not to read any of it except the pieces less than a dozen lines long.
- I do long-distance bicycling for fun. If you would like cue sheets or
other suggestions for rides in or through my area, please write.
(I have ridden most roads within 50 or 75 miles of DeKalb IL.)
I have cue sheets for the GITAP rides of 2003 and 2004 (500-mile loops
around northern illinois). I have done a 2004 round trip (4 days each way) to
Minneapolis, MN which could be used for a
Minneapolis to Chicago bike trip; a 2005 one-way (10 days) from
New Jersey (Atlantic shore at Belmar) to (Chicago and)
DeKalb; a 2006 one-way from DeKalb, Illinois to western
North Dakota; a 2007 one-way
from Philadelphia to Nova Scotia (Truro); and a 2008 loop from Brussels, BE
through the Netherlands and a bit of Germany.
Sorry, my handwritten notes tend not to get fully written up -- write
for details if you need more.
- I have had more experience than I would have liked with computers.
The world hardly needs another computer geek chattering away on the
Internet but I found it very helpful to find people's records on the
internet when I got stuck on some topic, so in an effort to return the
favor I plan to present here my Notes on setting up a dual boot
- A search through groups.google.com
will reveal that I pay attention to discussions on math (of course!)
and other sciences; education; language and writing; computers; bicycling;
swimming (I do slow distances); gardening; classical piano playing;
singing in choirs; genealogy; and have taken an interest in things like
foreign languages and linguistics, photography (travel and nature), house
restoration, stamp collecting, child-rearing, and the ever-popular "etc." .
I can't imagine why anyone would want to know this, but hey, the
Internet is all about trivia, right?
This page is http://www.math.niu.edu/~rusin/nonwork/nonwork.html
Last modified: 2008/08/26