Applications of mathematical ideas
Here are a few files on topics vaguely applying mathematics. (At least the
reader is sure to say, "Only a mathematician would do it like this!")
Applications slightly closer to traditional mathematics are part of the
general collection of math essays (link below).
- recount -- outcome of a hypothetical recount of the Florida Election2000 vote [LONG]
- music -- theory of tuning: why 12 tones per octave?
- games -- simulation and analysis of games (Minesweeper, Tetris, etc.)
- heatloss -- model of heat loss from a house during winter
- position.sun -- where is the sun at each moment; can it rise North of East?
- astronomy -- and calendar topics
Other pages at my own web site you may find of interest:
This page is
Last modified 2005/01/05 by Dave Rusin, email@example.com